Research and PhD Studies in Electrical Engineering
PhD studies at ISY are carried out within the subject Electrical Engineering which covers a wide range of methods for analysis, modeling and design within
• Automatic Control Systems
• Computer Vision
The subject Electrical Engineering• has a solid foundation in mathematics and mathematical modeling of physical systems
• focuses on analysis and design of systems with industrial applications
• is interdisciplinary in nature as the analysis and design of complex systems requires knowledge from several different areas
• is neighboring other areas as well, especially computer science as the design of complex systems includes partitioning and integration of hardware and software.
The PhD studiesresearch education in Electrical Engineering aims to graduate technical licentiates and doctors with the ability to understand and develop methodologies in the field. Due to the industry-related activities and co-operation with industry, people with licentiate and doctoral degrees in Electrical Engineering are very attractive on the job market.
SpecializationsElectrical Engineering comprises eight different areas of specialization and corresponding divisions. Seven of these are located at ISY according to
- Automatic Control
- Communication Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Vision
- Information Coding
- Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Vehicular Systems
In addition to these seven divisions, there is one division at the Department of Science and Technology (ITN):
Information and rulesGeneral information and rules regarding PhD studies at the Faculty of Science and Engineering can be found at the webpages for PhD studies (the Institute of Technology, Linköping University) .
Page responsible: Mark Vesterbacka
Last updated: 2023-09-01